Where do I get insurance for a self move?

I will be making a self move of about 850 miles. I have heard of transportation peril insurance. Is this included in home owners insurance? Or, is this some type of insurance to purchase?

PERIL: A term used in the Marine Insurance Act (1906) to denote a hazard. The principle of proximate cause is applied to an insured peril to determine whether or not a loss is recoverable. In modern practice the term "risk" often replaces "peril".

I would suggest that you call your insurance broker to get the answer to this question. I have been told that some homeowner insurance policies provide coverage for catastrophic loss coverage, such as a total lost caused by an accident and subsequent fire. As I understand it, what isn't covered by such policies is damage to individual articles such as a broken chair leg or torn sofa upholstery.

I hope this helps you. Good luck with your move and if you hurt your back remember to call your friendly Avatar movers next time!

Blink Smiley

Add new comment

Restricted HTML

  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
Enter the characters shown in the image.
This question is for testing whether (or not) you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Moving cost estimates and project consultations are provided free and without sales pressure or obligation: click here to complete our free web estimate form and we'll contact you in short order, or call us at (631) 775-9815 if you need to speak with us immediately!